On average, women tend to spend nearly an hour every day doing their hair and makeup, according to a study done by NBC’s The Today Show and AOL.com. Now, I don’t know about you, but ya girl would rather be sleeping an extra 30 minutes during her mornings, especially during the end of the semester.
I mean, imagine how much easier life would be if you could roll outta bed with your hair on point and practically ready to go. If only there was something you could do that would allow you sleep in a little longer and have amazing hair as soon as that alarm sounded. *cues Bey’s “Flawless”*
But wait, there is!
See, protective styles not only work to protect your hair from excess damage, but they tend to make life a lot more convenient, especially when you just gotta hit snooze one last time.
Need more convincing? Check out some of the benefits, and bonuses, of protective styles down below.
Why Protective Hairstyles are Life
- They give your hair a chance to breathe and recuperate from daily styling
- They protect your hair from the cold, heat, pollution, and other environmental stresses
- They reduce breakage by shielding your ends from friction
- They help your hair better retain moisture
- They can promote healthy hair growth by easing the process of length retention
- They require less maintenance, allowing for more time to do other activities
- They offer a variety of styles to choose from so you don’t get bored
- And all of those styles are beautiful lending to endless compliments
- Which provide ease of mind knowing you’ll be set for the next one to two months
- And relieved knowing that they’re not permanent, so you can be reunited with your curls at any time